The primary purpose of the Dallas County R-I School Board of Education is to:
- Clarify the district purpose
- Connect with the community
- Employ the Superintendent of Schools
- Delegate authority
- Monitor district performance
- Take responsibility for themselves
The Dallas County R-I School Board of Education does not:
- Manage the day to day operation of the school district
- Evaluate teachers or building principals
- Give direct instructions to any school employee except the Superintendent of Schools, and then only when acting as a board of 7 members.
The school board establishes policy that is then carried out by the Superintendent, with the assistance of other administration and staff. You will find below a basic outline of the official chain of command within the Dallas County R-I School District.