• Use software programs aligned specifically with industry standards in the field of graphic design such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, and Quark.
• Gain an understanding of the history of print and typography as it pertains to the field of graphic design.
• Complete projects individually and in groups that will enhance the skills learned in the various programs.
• To prepare students for college and career readiness by encouraging responsibility for learning and completing tasks on time.
• Show proficiency using the MAC operating system, including file storage and retrieval and manipulation.
• Students will be active participants in the intra-curricular career and technical organization, SkillsUSA. Through participation in this organization, students: prepare themselves to be America’s high
performance workers, experience quality education experiences for students in leadership, teamwork, citizenship and character development.