Storm Shelter Procedures and Expectations
TORNADO SHELTER-SAFE ROOM PROCEDURES
When you enter and utilize the tornado shelter, you are expected to abide by the safe room expectations. These expectations are part of the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) expectations of operations and a matter of public safety.
- Enter the safe room and remain in the safe room until the all clear is given.
- Sign in upon arrival and sign out when leaving.
- Follow the directions of the safe room supervisors.
- Be seated
- No pets allowed, expect service animals. Service animals must be registered at the Buffalo High School office in advance and documentation must be provided.
- No horse play or playing of any kind.
- Parents will supervise their children.
- Be courteous to the volunteer safe room supervisors.
- No firearms allowed on the premises.
Failure to follow the safe room expectations could result in being removed from safe room or being prohibited of utilizing the safe room.