CoxHealth Virtual Health Clinic
DCR1 Partners With CoxHealth to Offer Virtual Clinics in Schools
We are pleased to announce that Dallas Co R-1 Schools has partnered with Cox Health, to provide Virtual Visit services for our staff and students. This is made possible through grant funding from Missouri Foundation for Health and Children’s Miracle Network. Each school building will have access to the virtual clinic through a virtual health cart provided by the Missouri Foundation for Health and Children's Miracle Network funding.
What is Virtual Visit?
- A virtual doctor’s office visit is the ability for a license nurse practitioner, or physician to examine a patient using a webcam and other specialized equipment to evaluate and treat a patient.
- Providers are Cox Health physicians and nurse practitioners. Much like a visit to urgent care, Virtual Visits will not change your child’s primary care provider.
Benefits of Virtual Visit:
- Connects you and your child to medical care faster, resulting in fewer missed school days, and fewer missed work days for parents.
What types of health issues can be evaluated?
- Acute and minor illnesses; i.e., cough, cold, sore throat, ear infection, pink eye, rashes, rapid Strep testing
How do I enroll my child for services?
- Student must have signed consent forms on file prior to visit. Your child will NOT receive care without consent from a parent or legal guardian.
- Fill out the following forms and return the school nurse:
- Child Health Survey Form
- Virtual Visits Clinic Authorization for Consent to Treat a Minor
How can my child be seen?
- When your child is sick, they will be sent to the school nurse for evaluation. If the nurse finds that your child’s ailment is able to be treated through a Virtual Visit, they will contact you.
Does a parent/guardian have to be present?
- Parents/guardians are required to participate in the child’s visit. You may join in person by coming to the school, or by video. If you have a smartphone, tablet or computer with internet connection, you can join your child’s visit without leaving your workplace or home.
What is the cost of the service?
- The cost of the visit varies, based on your insurance provider. Out-of-pocket cost is determined by your insurance provider. In most cases, you can expect to pay your normal office co-pay, at the time of the visit.
Can my child get a prescription through this service?
- If your child’s illness requires a prescription, a prescription will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
How will I get records from my child’s Virtual Visits?
- A summary of your child’s visit will be sent, via secure message to the email address provided on your child’s enrollment form, or mailed if needed.
- All federal privacy law and HIPPA guidelines are strictly followed.
We are excited to offer this service to our staff and students. For further information you may contact Teresa Melton, Health Services Director at 345-5702.